Veteran female reggae/dancehall star Tanya Stephens will not exist gracing the stage of this yr's Pepsi Insubordinate Salute.

In a press release to the media, Tanya Stephens downplay advertisements that she will be amidst several artists to perform on Rebel Salute 2011, schedule to take place this weekend Jan 15th.

The promoter of Insubordinate Salute, Tony Rebel, whose real name is Patrick Barrett, has not confirmed Stephens for the issue.

According to the press release, "Barrett had contacted Stephens' manager, Andrew Henton, inquiring most Stephens' schedule and if information technology could accommodate the Rebel Salute appointment. Henton told Barrett that Stephens would be available and thereafter sent a contract to Barrett's camp on December 22, 2010. Upon sending the contract, no further discussion occurred between the 2 parties."

"The only thing that confirms an appointment is a contract, so when they didn't contact the states afterward, I assumed I wasn't on the show. Am I to assume that I am booked for any and all shows people phone call my manager near, yet do non call back to ostend and send a signed contract? Do I simply show up at these events considering they called to enquire?" Tanya Stephens said in the release.

"I am weary of the bad business organization practices in Jamaica. In that location is no misunderstanding. We didn't have a discussion that I was booked for the bear witness, neither did I sign a contract, yet I am beingness advertised and, at the end of the day, I get the bad rap when my fans do not know why I don't appear on some of these shows," she added

An obviously furious Tanya Stephens said she has major issues with protocol in the Jamaican music manufacture.

"I am not hither to teach Jamaican people how to do business concern, but they volition know how to do business concern with Tanya Stephens. My event goes far across Tony Rebel not having the gall to telephone call back and confirm or do things the right mode, the upshot of post-obit protocol in the Jamaican music industry is my problem. I take an obligation to my fans to come out every bit Tanya Stephens and permit them know it'southward false; I will not be at the show," she concluded.

Tanya Stephens is being widely regarded as 1 of the about lyrically gifted female artist in reggae music.

Just final month, promoters of the popular one dark show Sting, falsely advertise Vybz Kartel every bit being on its roster. An issue the disk came out publicly and deny.

Scout Tanya Stephens These Streets video below

Your thoughts below